The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) functions with a view to maintain effective interaction between the institution and the parents and to give a touch of parental care for the students. It actively involves in training and placement, upgradation of co-curricular and extra curricular activities and counseling of students. It provides financial support for needy students. Meetings are convened to discuss the issues connected with the smooth functioning of the college. The association provides a common forum for interaction of parents and teachers so as to improve facilities for academic excellence.
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of the college was constituted in the first general body meeting of parents and teachers held on 15/11/2008. Since then the PTA has been actively participating in the overall developmental activities of the college by providing timely assistance in necessary means. The PTA oversees a bus committee that operates 7 buses that meet the transportation needs of many students and staff members of the college. The student performance is monitored by holding class wise PTA meetings. An SMS alert system is also operational that creates a channel for communication with parents regarding the academic performance parameters of students like attendance, internal marks etc. An additional shuttle court has been set up by the PTA during 2016.A photocopier to cater to the needs of the examination cell, an LCD projector to supplement the academic needs of staff and students, a CCTV surveillance system at the premises of the college are among the many of the tasks accomplished by the PTA.
P.T.A EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS (2016-17)
The present PTA executive committee consists of
- Sri Suresh Kumar N (President), Principal, CEMP
- Sri Habeeb E (Vice President)
- Sri Sudheer S (Secretary), Assistant Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering
- Sri Harikumar
- Sri Pushpakumar
- Sri Jayamohan K G, Assistant Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering
- Sri Varun Chand, Assistant Professor, Dept of Information Technology
- Smt Remya Gopalakrishnan, Head of the Department, Dept of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Smt Smitha Jasmine, Assistant Professor, Dept of Computer Science and Engineering
The present committee is about to be reconstituted at the upcoming general body meeting.